Mobile App Developer
If you are passionate about software development and have a strong desire to join a dynamic team working to build robust tools in the National Security and other security-related areas, we encourage you to contact us and include your resume. TrapWire Inc. has a great opportunity for a mobile app engineer who is able to knock out high-quality (tested), high-performance (measured) code.
U.S. Citizenship: Required
Ability to pass a background check: Required
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Northern Virginia — DC Metro Area — 90% Remote/Telework
TrapWire Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FITS IN WELL WITH OUR TEAM CULTURE:
- Pleasant to work with
- No cowboy coding – this is a team effort
- Happy to spend time designing before coding
- Content to conform to team coding conventions
- Seeks to improve the team/process with honest observations, but not finger pointing
- Doesn’t mind if someone changes your code
- Grateful when a test engineer discovers a flaw
- Suggests good ideas, but doesn’t mind if nobody likes it
- Suggests bad ideas, and not afraid to laugh at yourself
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Not afraid to over-communicate
- Believes in the company mission
- Doesn’t break the build 🙂
- Comfortable with Agile methodology for software development
- Comfortable using TDD every day
- Comfortable with using tools like Skype and Slack
- Experience building mobile clients for HTTP APIs.
- Basic familiarity with Git.
- Comfort with basic functional programming ideas as found in Swift and Kotlin. Things like enums with associated data or the occasional map() or reduce() call should be understandable.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANDROID AND IOS DEVELOPERS. EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH IS A HUGE PLUS!
- Familiarity with Java required, but writing new code in Kotlin is encouraged.
- Firebase messaging
- Must be productive with Swift and familiar enough with Objective-C to work with code that hasn’t been ported to Swift.
- Push notifications
Knowledge of the following technologies used in our core platform is not required but would be icing on the cake.
- .NET MVC (Razor)
- NET Web API
This position will provide competitive salary and benefits.